Your throat hurts. You may also have a mild fever and aches. Someone close to you has strep throat. You need to feel better fast. Prescription treatment will help your throat and other symptoms recover quickly. Home Strep test kit required. ($35)
What causes Strep Throat?
- A bacterial infection with group A Strep is the cause
- A strep infection can happen any time of the year though it tends to be more common during the school year, even among adults
- Close contact with a person diagnosed with strep is a common risk factor
Who can benefit from this treatment?
- People with a sore throat, and possibly fever, who have a home test kit showing infection with group A Strep
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Uncomplicated Strep Throat should improve with treatment
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.