What causes the flu?
- Viral infection with Influenza A, B or C
- Exposure to a person with the flu
- Spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- The influenza virus enters through the nose or mouth and spreads throughout the body
- Flu strains change from year to year which limits the vaccine's effectiveness
How can influenza be prevented?
- Annual flu vaccination is the most effective method for prevention, but it is not 100% protective
- Frequent hand washing
- Respiratory masks
- Antiviral medication can both prevent and treat an influenza infection
What is the purpose of this treatment?
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help identify good candidates for online flu prevention
- Taking Tamiflu (oseltamivir) after being exposed to influenza A or B significantly reduces the chance of developing the flu
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.