Sexually Transmitted Infection
Concerned about an STD (sexually transmitted disease) or STI (sexually transmitted infection) exposure? Our physicians provide the necessary treatment to help prevent a gonorrhea or chlamydia infection. Sexually transmitted infection prevention is now available to everyone.
Online STI/STD prevention.
- Quick online doctor visits
- No appointment needed
- Complete your visit in minutes without video or voice calls
- Receive same day treatment with an effective prophylactic medication regimen
CDC Antibiotic Recommendations for gonorrhea and chlamydia exposure:
- Any sexual partner of a person who tested positive should be treated
- If an in-person evaluation, treatment and counseling are not possible, Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT) is acceptable
- Cefixime (pill) plus azithromycin
- This helps reduce the chances becoming infected and spreading the infection
Who should get STI Prophylaxis treatment?
- People who have had unprotected sex with a partner who has been diagnosed with or is at high risk for gonorrhea and/or chlamydia
- Patients who are unable to get timely treatment with ceftriaxone or are unable to receive intramuscular injections
- Treatment has to be prescribed before symptoms begin
Who is not a candidate for treatment?
- Patients without exposure to gonorrhea and/or chlamydia
- Patients who have any symptoms of a STI
- Abnormal vaginal or penile discharge
- Burning on urination
- Abdominal pain
- Fever or chills
- Joint pains, rash or body aches
- Patients whose sexual partner has been diagnosed with syphilis, HIV or other STI
- Victims of sexual assault or abuse, who should go directly to an Emergency Room for evaluation
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Post-exposure antibiotics will be prescribed as recommended by the CDC
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
CDC = Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost and high quality patient centered telemedicine company that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team is always working on establishing new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simply MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take pride in not being a 9-5 health clinic that only completes patient visits during convenient times of the day.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is not medical opinion or advice.