STIs (sexually transmitted infections) can occur despite our best efforts to protect ourselves. Our physicians can provide the necessary treatment to help prevent a gonorrhea or chlamydia infection.
CDC Antibiotic Recommendations for gonorrhea and chlamydia exposure:
- Ceftriaxone (injection) plus azithromycin
- Cefixime (pill) plus azithromycin
- This regimen is referred to as Expedited Partner Therapy (EPT)
- Acceptable when unable to visit a physician’s office for an injection
Who should get STI Prophylaxis treatment?
- People who have had unprotected sex with a partner who has been diagnosed with or is at high risk for gonorrhea and/or chlamydia
- Patients who are unable to get treatment with ceftriaxone or are unable to receive intramuscular injections
- Treatment has to be prescribed before symptoms begin
Who is not a candidate for treatment?
- Patients without exposure to gonorrhea and/or chlamydia
- Patients who have any symptoms of a STI
- Abnormal vaginal or penile discharge
- Burning on urination
- Abdominal pain
- Fever or chills
- Joint pains, rash or body aches
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Post-exposure antibiotics will be prescribed as recommended by the CDC
- Just answer a few questions to get started
CDC = Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
What happens next?
- The interview occurs immediately online instead of at a doctor's office
- Once you have completed your assessment and successfully created an account, a physician will review your entire health profile
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your profile
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, your visit will be free
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is not medical opinion or advice.