What causes a toothache?
- Tooth decay causing deep cavities and nerve irritation
- Tooth decay with pulpitis – an infection of the inner core of the tooth
- Reversible pulpitis – may respond to antibiotics
- Irreversible pulpitis – will need both antibiotics and surgical treatment by a licensed dentist
- All cases of pulpitis should be evaluated by a licensed dentist
- Gum infection – periodontal abscess
- Usually due to an underlying problem with a tooth
- Typically treated with drainage and antibiotics
- May spread to other parts of the face or jaw
- All cases of gum infections should be evaluated by a licensed dentist
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- You may be prescribed antibiotics and pain-reducing medication
- You should begin the medication immediately
- A prescription for medications is only an initial step in your care
- All dental pain should be evaluated by a licensed dentist within 72 hours
- Just answer a few questions and to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.