What Causes a Sinus Infection?
- Viral infections (most common)
- Bacterial infections (less common)
- Occur when sinuses are inflamed
- Symptoms that get better and then suddenly worsen may indicate that you have sinusitis
- Can lead to other very serious infections if left untreated
- Some sinus infections require antibiotic treatment
Who can benefit from this treatment?
- People with bacterial sinusitis who may require antibiotics
- People with uncomfortable sinus pressure
- Our physicians will determine if you need treatment with antibiotics or other medications and alert you if your symptoms may be due to something more serious
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- You may be prescribed an antibiotic and/or other medications
- Sometimes, based on your symptoms, it may be recommended that antibiotics be used in a delayed fashion, if needed.
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.