Dark spot reducer
Dark spots (melasma) can be safely treated with a very effective prescription medication called hydroquinone. It has been favored over OTC treatments for more than 50 years. ($29)
What is hydroquinone?
- Hydroquinone is a depigmenting agent
- Melanin is the pigment which causes dark spots, such as age spots, freckles or cholasma
- Hydroquinone reduces melanin production in skin, resulting in fading of dark spots
How soon will it work?
- Onset varies depending on the individual
- Regularly applying twice a day improves results
- Maximum results in about 3 months
What is the method of application?
- Hydroquinone is applied to the affected areas only
- Apply a thin layer and rub in well on clean skin, once in the morning and again before bed
- Use SPF 30 or greater to reduce any sun-related side effects
- Limit application to face and neck only or hands and arms only
- Results may take several months
- If no results in 3 months, hydroquinone may be discontinued
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.