Dark spot reducer
Dark spots (melasma) can be safely treated with a very effective prescription medication called hydroquinone. It has been favored over OTC treatments for more than 50 years.
Refill visits are only for returning MDAnywhere patients. If this is your first visit for this treatment, please click "Get Treated Now".
- Quick physician visits and prescription treatment
- Hydroquinone, when applied to overly pigmented skin surfaces, improves dark spots and reduces uneven skin tones
- Begin treatment today and start to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmented skin
- Multiple treatment options available:
- First visit or standard 1 tube refill
- 6 month treatment (1 tube + 3 refills)
- Recommended treatment length is 3-6 months
What is hydroquinone and how soon will it work?
- Hydroquinone is a depigmenting agent
- Melanin is the pigment which causes dark spots, such as age spots, freckles or cholasma
- Hydroquinone reduces melanin production in skin, resulting in fading of dark spots
- Onset varies depending on the individual
- Regularly applying twice a day improves results
- Maximum results in about 3 months
What is the method of application?
- Hydroquinone is applied to the affected areas only
- Apply a thin layer and rub in well on clean skin, once in the morning and again before bed
- Use SPF 30 or greater to reduce any sun-related side effects
- Limit application to face and neck only or hands and arms only
- Results may take several months
- Maximum of 6 months of treatment
- If no results in 3 months, hydroquinone may be discontinued
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history & billing information
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete AND you have received your treatment request confirmation, a physician will review your entire visit
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after completing your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost and high quality patient centered telemedicine service that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team is always working on establishing new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simple: MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take great pride in not being a limited hours health clinic that only completes patient visits during regular business hours.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice