Cold Sore Treatment
Cold sores or "fever blisters", triggered by a herpes virus, cause a highly visible rash that appears on or near your lips. Recurrences are common and they are quickly and easily treated with an antiviral medication.
Cold sore treatment
- Quick online doctor visits and prescription treatment
- No appointment needed
- Complete your visit in minutes without video or voice calls
- Receive same day treatment to begin controlling and reducing your outbreak today
- Oral prescription therapy rapidly improves symptoms
- Doctor's note available
- Herpesvirus-1 (HSV-1) infection is the most common cause
- After an initial infection, cold sores will reappear at times
- Stress or other illness may trigger a flare-up
- They appear as small blisters on or around the lips
- Minor redness near the blisters
- Clear liquid may drain from the blisters
- Tingling may occur before the rash appears
- Recurrences may be in the same or different locations
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Your outbreak will improve faster with antiviral medication
- Recurrences may occur from time to time
- You can be treated any time you have a flare-up
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history & billing information
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete AND you have received your treatment request confirmation, a physician will review your entire visit
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after completing your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost and high quality patient centered telemedicine company that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team is always working on establishing new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simply MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take pride in not being a limited hours health clinic that only completes patient visits during convenient times of the day.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice