Caring for unwanted facial hair can be frustrating and time consuming. Vaniqa® (eflornithine hydrochloride) can greatly reduce facial hair growth and the need to shave/tweeze/wax in as little as 4-8 weeks. Check with your pharmacy for medication availability.
Refill visits are only for returning MDAnywhere patients. If this is your first visit for this treatment, please click "Get Vaniqa® Rx".
- Quick physician visits and prescription treatment
- Vaniqa®, or eflorithine hydrochloride 13.9% cream, requires a prescription
- This medication has been FDA approved for the reduction of unwanted facial hair in women
- Usage should be limited to the face and chin
- This medication is not a depilatory cream
- Vaniqa® may not be covered by your insurance plan
- Prescription flexibility for added convenience:
- Direct to pharmacy ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION, OR
- Direct to patient PAPER PRESCRIPTION (will arrive in your message center by end of day) and can be used for international/Canadian pharmacies
How does Vaniqa® work?
- Vaniqa® works in the hair follicle to reduce unwanted facial hair.
- It interferes with an enzyme in the hair follicle necessary for hair to grow.
- This results in slower hair growth and improved appearance where it is applied.
- Therefore, over time you will shave/tweeze/wax less
- Minor side effects may include:
- folliculitis (hair bumps)
- dry skin
- stinging, itching, or tingling of the skin
- redness or irritation of the skin
- hair loss
- Please refer to the package insert for a complete list of possible side effects
What is the method of application and results?
- Can be useful for any degree of hair growth
- Vaniqa® should only be applied to the face or chin
- It is applied twice a day and at least 8 hours apart between applications
- Apply Vaniqa® after cleansing and before applying moisturizer, sunscreen, or cosmetics
- Apply a thin layer onto the affected area and rub thoroughly into your skin
- Avoid washing the treated area for at least 4 hours following cream application
- Results may be seen in as little as 4-8 weeks
- Be patient, as it may take several months to see the improvements in your skin
- Discontinuation of use will cause hair growth to return to the untreated state after 8 weeks
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history & billing information
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete AND you have received your treatment request confirmation, a physician will review your entire visit
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after completing your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost and high quality patient centered telemedicine service that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team is always working on establishing new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simple: MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take great pride in not being a limited hours health clinic that only completes patient visits during regular business hours.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice