Urinary Tract Infection
A urinary tract infection (UTI) or bladder infection can be unbearable and often progresses rapidly. Prompt treatment of a UTI can relieve your symptoms and prevent complications. Studies have shown that the presence of certain symptom combinations alone can accurately diagnose a UTI without laboratory testing. ($29)
What causes a UTI?
- Bacteria travel to the bladder and cause an infection
- More common in women for anatomic reasons
- Increased sexual activity and holding urine increases the risk of a UTI
- Some women are prone to recurring UTIs
What are some features of uncomplicated bacterial UTIs?
- Burning, frequency, and/or urgency associated with urination
- Lack of fever, chills, aches, or back pain
- Absence of vaginal pain, burning or discharge
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- With antibiotics symptoms of an uncomplicated UTI should begin to improve within 1-2 days
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and not medical opinion or advice.