If you need a Tdap shot because you or a family member are planning on having a baby, because you need a booster, or for other reasons, you can get a prescription quickly and right from your phone or computer without going to the doctor. You can then be vaccinated at a local pharmacy. ($29)
Who should get Tdap Vaccine?
- All adults should have a Tdap vaccine if they have never had one
- A Tdap booster should be repeated every 10 years
- Adults over 65 should be immunized
- A booster should be given at least 2 weeks before meeting a newborn
- Healthcare workers should have a Tdap vaccination every 10 years
Features of the Tdap Vaccine:
- Helps protect against tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis infections
- Infants and children receive DTaP vaccines and then a Tdap booster at age 11 or 12
- Over time, immunity may decrease
- Booster doses can be effective
What should I expect?
- Pharmacies which administer vaccines often require prescriptions
- Check with your pharmacy for availability and pricing
- Our online assessment will help identify good candidates for the Tdap Vaccine
- A prescription will be sent to the pharmacy electronically, where you can have the vaccine administered
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.