This blistering rash can be painful, itchy, or burning, and may appear anywhere on the body. Shingles can affect people at any age. Pregnant women, unvaccinated children and those who never had chickenpox are at greater risk if exposed to someone with shingles. Treatment can relieve your symptoms and limit complications as well as reduce the spread of the infection.
Online shingles treatment.
- Quick online doctor visits
- No appointment needed
- Complete your visit in minutes without video or voice calls
- Receive same day treatment with an effective shingles medication regimen
- Doctor's note only available with "Visit & Note" selection
What causes shingles?
- After infection with chickenpox, the Varicella Zoster virus remains inactive within the nervous system
- The virus can reactivate then travel through a nerve toward the skin, causing the rash to appear
- Triggers may be other illnesses, stress, or no trigger at all
Features of shingles:
- Burning or tingling pain may start days before the rash, and may last for months after the rash resolves
- The rash usually appears as groups of blisters on a reddish patch of skin
- It is typically found on one side of the head, neck, torso, or a limb, and should not cross the midline
- The rash may burn, itch, tingle, or ache intensely
- The blisters may leak fluid which contains active and contagious virus particles
- The rash may become infected with bacteria like Staph or Strep
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Treatment with antiviral medication reduces the duration of the rash
- Treatment with steroid medication, and other anti-inflammatory medication, improves pain and reduces nerve irritation after the rash resolves
- Limit your symptoms and get treatment now. Earlier treatment is more effective than delayed care. Even with treatment, pain may persist for weeks or longer
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost and high quality patient centered telemedicine company that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team is always working on establishing new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simply MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take pride in not being a 9-5 health clinic that only completes patient visits during convenient times of the day.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.