What Are Some Causes of Pink Eye?
- Some common bacterial causes are:
- It may also be caused by viruses including the common cold
- Some conditions may mimic pink eye, so an accurate history is critical
What are the features of Pink Eye?
- Mild to moderate redness over the whites of the eyes
- Yellow or greenish discharge or crusting
- Itching or burning of the eyes
- Pink eye should not affect your vision
- Pink eye should not be very painful
What can I expect?
- Our assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for online medical treatment by a doctor
- Uncomplicated viral pink eye may resolve without treatment
- An antibiotic eye medication is needed if your symptoms suggest bacterial conjunctivitis
- Any patient with pink eye should be reevaluated after a few days to ensure that it is improving as expected
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online doctor's appointment
What happens next?
- Your assessment occurs immediately online instead of at a doctor's office
- Create an MDAnywhere account (required on first visit only) after your assessment
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your treatment request and medical history
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and not medical opinion or advice.