Flu Treatment Online
Online flu treatment for influenza symptoms
The flu is much worse than a common "cold". It is a very contagious virus that causes numerous debilitating symptoms for 7 days or longer. These may include high fever, chills, fatigue, headaches, muscle aches, sore throat, cough, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. Online flu treatment with a prescription antiviral medication should speed your recovery and limit complications. ($29)
What causes the flu?
- Viral infection with Influenza A, B or C
- Exposure to a person with the flu
- Spreads by coughs or sneezes
- Virus enters through the nose or mouth
- Flu strains change every year, limiting the vaccine's effectiveness
How can influenza be prevented?
- Annual vaccination is effective but not 100% protective
- Frequent hand washing
- Respiratory masks
- Antiviral medication can both prevent AND treat an influenza infection
Why take anti-viral flu medication?
- Early treatment may shorten this illness by 1 to 3 days
- Flu medications work best if you start taking them within 2 days of your first symptom
- Treatment should lessen severity
- >98% of influenza virus in the U.S. will respond to Tamiflu
- Delaying treatment will reduce the benefits
What can I expect?
- Our assessment will help identify good candidates for online flu treatment
- The recommended treatment is Tamiflu (oseltamivir) twice a day for 5 days.
- Relief may begin within 24 hours of starting treatment
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.