Celiac Disease Test
Avoid unnecessary delays or exposures. Get a physician order for a celiac disease test right here, without crowds or waiting. This test screens for celiac disease or gluten (wheat, barley, rye) allergy which may cause significant gastrointestinal (GI) upset. A physician will explain your results and provide further guidance. ($39)
Why get tested?
- Frequent gastrointestinal upset which may include:
- bloating, diarrhea, cramping, weight loss, and/or malnutrition
- Family history of Celiac disease
- Our physicians can help evaluate your results and, if appropriate, can provide recommendations that can improve your wellness and referral to a specialist
What our service includes
- MDAnywhere can help reduce out of pocket lab fees
- Physician review of your medical information
- Physician order for a celiac antibody test which can be performed at the lab of your choice:
- Tissue Transglutaminase (tTG) Antibodies (IgG, IgA)
- Gliadin (Deamidated Peptide) Antibody (IgG, IgA)
- Total IgA
- Physician interpretation of your results
- Physician reporting the results to you
- Recommendations based on the results, which may include dietary/lifestyle modification and specialist referral
What our service does not include
- Lab fees (if any) are billed separately, by the lab.
- If you have insurance, most or all of your lab fees may be covered
- If you do not have insurance coverage, MDAnywhere can assist you with lowered cost testing
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will determine if this test is right for you
- After your blood is drawn at the lab, results should be available in a few days
- Results may also be available on your laboratory's portal
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.