A stye can be both painful and unsightly. When a gland within the eyelid becomes infected, it causes a painful red bump, and may sometimes drain fluid. Antibiotic drops, in combination with other therapies, should relieve your symptoms quickly.
- Quick online doctor visits
- No appointment needed
- Complete your visit in minutes without video or voice calls
- Prescription eye drops help improve superficial eyelid infection symptoms
- Complete a visit to begin treating your stye with prescription eyedrops today
- Doctor's note available
Stye triggers and freatures:
- Glands at the edge of the eyelid can become clogged from makeup, skin debris, or secretions
- The trapped fluid within the gland promotes bacterial growth
- The growing bacteria cause inflammation (redness, pus, and pain)
- A stye appears usually as a single lump within the eyelid
- Develops over a few days
- Can be tender and painful
- May develop a white “head” and possibly drain
- Occasionally the infection will spread to the area outside the lid – this is a more serious condition
What else should I know?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Treatment with prescription antibiotic drops or ointment may speed recovery if applying warm, moist compresses to the area does not provide relief
- Never try to drain or squeeze the area yourself
- Symptoms should completely resolve in about one week
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history & billing information
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete AND you have received your treatment request confirmation, a physician will review your entire visit
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after completing your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost, high quality, and patient centered telemedicine service that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team is always working on establishing new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simple: MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take great pride in not being a limited hours health clinic that only completes patient visits during regular business hours.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice