Following contact with Poison Ivy, Oak, and Sumac plants or their oils, a very itchy and persistent rash occurs. This rash may appear anywhere on your body. OTC medications and creams do not provide much relief. With early treatment, prescription oral steroid medication can reduce the itch, improve the rash, and lessen the chance of infection.
Online poison ivy treatment.
- Quick online doctor visits
- No appointment needed
- Complete your visit in minutes without video or voice calls
- Receive same day treatment with an effective poison ivy treatment regimen
- Doctor's note only available with "Visit & Note" selection
What causes poison ivy?
- These three belong to the plant family called Toxicodendron and cause "Poison Ivy Dermatitis"
- Urushiol is the irritating compound in these plants and is the cause of the allergic rash
- Skin exposure to the leaves or any plant parts allows the toxic oil to enter the skin
- Spread from a contaminated animal’s fur, soiled clothing, or garden tools/gloves can also trigger this rash
- Most common plant based dermatitis
- Symptoms typically occur 12-48 hours after exposure
- Intense itching and redness at first
- Later, small blisters can appear that can rupture and ooze clear fluid
- Rash can be in streaks or patchy
- Some swelling can occur around the rash
- The rash can persist for 2-3 weeks
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Treatment with an oral steroid medication may help reduce your rash, swelling, and severe itching and allow you to recover as quickly as possible
- Typically, the intense itch and rash will improve within 24 hours of treatment. It is possible that the rash may persist for 1-2 weeks, but with much milder symptoms
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history & billing information
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete AND you have received your treatment request confirmation, a physician will review your entire visit
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after completing your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential (HIPAA compliant)
What we proudly are:
A low cost, high quality, and patient centered telemedicine service that provides quick patient visits and treatment. A healthcare alternative that makes sense. We provide upfront pricing and affordable visit fees. The MDAnywhere team strives to establish new partnerships that bring even more value to our patients.
What we absolutely are not:
What differentiates us from other telemedicine sites is simple: MDAnywhere is here for you, not to sell you medication. We are not a pharmacy. We do not sell, deliver, or profit from pharmaceuticals.
We take great pride in not being a limited hours health clinic that only completes patient visits during regular business hours.
The MDAnywhere team provides affordable medical care and extended hours every day! The medical team reviews requests from 7 am - 11 pm EST every day of the year. All medical evaluations are provided by Access Medical Associates, PLLC.
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.