Birth control medications can help prevent unplanned pregnancy, reduce menstrual symptoms, regulate your cycle, and can even reduce acne. The hormones they contain are very safe and cause few side effects in most healthy women. ($29 physician fee/6 month Rx)
Birth control medication
Is this medication right for me?
YES! If you:
- Are healthy, age 18-44, and need a refill OR new prescription for birth control medication
- Would like to change the type of birth control you are using
- Are unable to see your doctor for a prescription refill or evaluation
- Have had a normal gynecologic exam within 2 years
Do I need an exam first?
Experts believe that:
- Young, healthy women may start birth control without first having a Pap smear or pelvic exam
- The risks of unplanned pregnancy can be worse than the risk of starting medication
- Women should have ongoing gynecologic care
- Anyone with certain high risk criteria should be seen by their gynecologist
- Anyone with unusual pain or bleeding should be seen by a gynecologist
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- The $29 physician fee does not include medication
- For refills, medication and dosage need to be entered accurately in our system in order to receive a prescription
- You prescription will be for 6 months of medication
- Many low-cost medication options are available
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.