Pimples, blackheads and whiteheads caused by facial acne can affect your appearance and lead to more serious infections. When OTC medications fail, a prescription medication may be an effective solution.
What causes acne?
- Glands within the skin become clogged from debris, secretions or abnormal glandular growth
- Infected glands become inflamed, red and swollen, causing blemishes to appear
Features of acne:
- May appear as blackheads, white heads, red bumps or all three
- Develops slowly
- May occur on dry or oily skin
- Some medications can trigger acne
- May not respond to over-the counter remedies
What should I expect?
- If your acne has not improved with over-the-counter therapy, a prescription may be necessary
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- An effective combination of antibiotic and rejuvenating lotions should speed your recovery
- You should see substantial improvement in your acne during the next 2-3 months when the therapy is combined with good facial hygiene
- Ongoing treatment may reduce recurrence
- Just answer a few questions to get started
What happens next?
- The interview occurs immediately online instead of at a doctor's office
- Once you have completed your assessment and successfully created an account, a physician will review your entire health profile
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your profile
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, your visit will be free
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is not medical opinion or advice.