What is Vaniqa?
- Vaniqa or eflorithine hyrochloride 13.9% cream is a prescription medication
- This medication has been FDA approved for the reduction of unwanted facial hair in women
- Usage should be limited to the face and chin of affected individuals
- This medication is not a depilatory cream.
How does Vaniqa work?
- Vaniqa works in the hair follicle to reduce unwanted facial hair.
- It interferes with an enzyme in the hair follicle necessary for hair to grow.
- This results in slower hair growth and improved appearance where it is applied.
- Therefore, over over time you will shave/tweeze/wax less
- Minor side effects may include:
- folliculitis (hair bumps)
- dry skin
- stinging, itching, or tingling of the skin
- redness or irritation of the skin
- hair loss
- Please refer to the package insert for a complete list of possible side effects
What is the method of application and results?
- Can be useful for any degree of hair growth
- Vaniqa should only be applied to the face or chin
- It is applied twice a day and at least 8 hours apart between applications
- Apply Vaniqa after cleansing and before applying moisturizer, sunscreen, or cosmetics
- Apply a thin layer onto the affected area and rub thoroughly into your skin
- Avoid washing the treated area for at least 4 hours following cream application
- Results may be seen in as little as 4-8 weeks
- Be patient, as it may take several months to see the improvements in your skin
- Discontinuation of use will cause hair growth to return to the untreated state after 8 weeks
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.