What Causes a Sinus Infection?
- Viral infections (most common)
- Bacterial infections (less common)
- Occur when sinuses are inflamed
- Symptoms that get better and then suddenly worsen may indicate that you have sinusitis
- Can lead to other very serious infections if left untreated
- Some sinus infections require antibiotic treatment
Who can benefit from this treatment?
- People with bacterial sinusitis who may require antibiotics
- People with uncomfortable sinus pressure
- Our physicians will determine if you need treatment with antibiotics or other medications and alert you if your symptoms may be due to something more serious
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- You may be prescribed an antibiotic and/or other medications
- Sometimes, based on your symptoms, it may be recommended that antibiotics be used in a delayed fashion, if needed.
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and not medical opinion or advice.