If you are suffering with sinus congestion or pain following a cold or severe allergies, you may have sinusitis. Treatment with prescription medications, including antibiotics at times, may speed your recovery.
What Causes Sinusitis?
- Viral infections (most common)
- Bacterial infections (less common)
- Occur when sinuses are inflamed
- Symptoms that get better and then suddenly worsen may indicate that you have sinusitis
- Can lead to other very serious infections if left untreated
- Some cases of sinusitis require antibiotic treatment
Who can benefit from this treatment?
- People with bacterial sinusitis who may require antibiotics
- People with uncomfortable sinus pressure
- Our physicians will determine if you need treatment with antibiotics or other medications and alert you if your symptoms may be due to something more serious
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- You may be prescribed an antibiotic and/or other medications
- Sometimes, based on your symptoms, it may be recommended that antibiotics be used in a delayed fashion, if needed.
- Just answer a few questions to get started
What happens next?
- Your assessment occurs immediately online instead of at a doctor's office
- Create an MDAnywhere account (required on first visit only) after your assessment
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your treatment request and medical history
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and not medical opinion or advice.