Z-Online Pink Eye Treatment
A pink, crusty eye is often the result of a viral or bacterial infection, allergies, or chemical exposures. Pink eye infections (conjunctivitis) are very contagious, but appropriate treatment will help recovery and limit spread.
What Are Some Causes of Pink Eye?
- Some common bacterial causes are:
- It may also be caused by viruses including the common cold
- Some conditions may mimic pink eye, so an accurate history is critical
What are the features of Pink Eye?
- Mild to moderate redness over the whites of the eyes
- Yellow or greenish discharge or crusting
- Itching or burning of the eyes
- Should not affect your vision
- Should not be very painful
What can I expect?
- Our assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for online medical treatment by a doctor
- An antibiotic eye medication is needed if your symptoms could suggest bacterial conjunctivitis. Viral causes may resolve without treatment
- Any patient with a red eye should be reevaluated after a few days to ensure that it is improving as expected
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.