What are some of the causes and features of motion sickness?
- Long trips in a vehicle, such as a boat, airplane, car or train
- Symptoms can include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, flushing, headache, and other GI upset
- Tends to be a recurrent problem
- Symptoms will persist for the duration of the trip (sea, air, or ground travel) if left untreated
How is this medication used?
- This is for PREVENTION ONLY
- Treatment will not be effective if you already have symptoms
- Operators of any type of vehicle should not use this medication, as it may cause drowsiness or blurry vision
- People with glaucoma, difficulty urinating, or heart conditions should not use this medication
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- The recommended treatment is a patch applied behind the ear every 3 days while traveling
- The patch should be applied about 12 hours BEFORE travel
- Side effects may include sleepiness, blurry vision and dry mouth
- Serious side effects are rare and usually resolve after removing the patch
- Just answer a few questions to get started
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.