Massage Therapy Recommendation
Intended for patients who require massage therapy for treatment of their underlying medical or physical condition. See exclusions below.
Our physicians will quickly review your request, provide medical advice and any necessary doctor's notes.
Massage therapy recommendation
- Online doctor visits
- Fast evaluations at any time of day
- Massage therapy notes are available for all medical and physical conditions that will benefit from regular therapeutic sessions
- When you cannot get an in-person doctor's visit:
- Doctor unavailable
- Travel or relocation
- Wait for appointment too long
- For patients whose conditions will benefit from medical massage therapy
- Not for emergencies
- Only for medical or physical conditions that will benefit from medical massage therapy
- Medical team requires documentation / test results within the past 2 years
- Imaging results (MRI, CT, or XRay)
- Doctor's notes
- Treatment summaries
- Current physical therapy prescription
- The medical team will determine the appropriate length and frequency of therapy, however most qualifying conditions will receive a 3 month treatment recommendation
- Not applicable for any missed work or school
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for a massage therapy recommendation
- A physician will ultimately determine whether online treatment is appropriate
- In addition to a doctor's note, advice, referrals, and/or general medical information may be provided
- Remain in contact: if additional information is needed about your condition, a physician will send you a secure message.
- A doctor's note will be sent to your secure portal by the end of the day
- No refunds will be permitted once the doctor's note has been delivered
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Remember, you do not need insurance or an appointment to complete your visit
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Remember to routinely check for new messages in your patient portal as this will expedite your care
- You may message your doctor at any time after submitting your treatment request
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent electronically to your pharmacy
- A visit summary with any new/refilled prescriptions or lab/vaccine orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- Any necessary doctor's notes will be in the messages section of your portal by the end of the day, if not sooner
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.