What causes laryngitis?
- Viral infections, such as common cold, are usually the cause
- During certain times of year, such as mid fall and early spring, viruses such as parainfluenza (the croup virus) commonly cause laryngitis
- Inflammation of the vocal cords due to vocal abuse or acid reflux
- More complicated infections and other conditions
Who can benefit from this treatment?
- People with laryngitis and hoarse voice due to the common cold or other uncomplicated viral infections
- Professionals who need a strong voice in order to perform at their best
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Uncomplicated laryngitis due to a virus should improve on its own. A prescription can help your symptoms as your body fights the infection
- Antibiotics are not believed to help laryngitis and are not generally recommended
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.