The internal or female condom is available by prescription or OTC. It can be a more comfortable alternative for protection against sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and unplanned pregnancy. Most insurance plans will cover the cost of the female condom when it is requested with a prescription.
How does a female condom work?
- It works as a latex-free barrier device that limits the exchange of bodily fluids
- It is placed internally and has an external ring which holds it in place. For further instruction visit:
- Not to be used at the same time as a male condom
What are some features of the female condom?
- Though no barrier device is 100% effective, the United States FDA has indicated that the female condom is effective in preventing pregnancy, HIV/AIDS and other STIs
- Low cost – covered by most insurance programs
- Lubricant is silicone-based and is not spermicidal
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for a prescription
- Each prescription is for a box of 12 FC2 female condoms
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab orders will be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.