Eczema can come and go over a long period of time and can be associated with asthma or allergies. Many features of eczema are uncomfortable and include itching, skin dryness, redness, cracking and crusting. Steroid creams will reduce eczema symptoms.
What causes eczema?
- Eczema is the skin's reaction to allergens (irritants) in the environment
- Individuals with eczema (atopic dermatitis) often have:
- Hay fever
- Food allergies
- Genetic predisposition may be a factor
Features of eczema:
- Localized areas of redness, dryness, cracked and thickened skin
- Frequently involves the inner creases of the elbows and knees
- May affect the neck, hands and face
- DOES NOT usually occur in groin, underarm or buttock regions
- May affect multiple areas at the same time
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help identify good candidates for eczema treatment
- Typically, treatment with a prescription strength corticosteroid cream will control flare-ups.
- Your itching should be relieved quickly, but the rash may take several weeks to disappear
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.