What are the causes of a cough?
- Viral infections, such as common cold, laryngitis and bronchitis
- Inflammation due to asthma, allergies or acid reflux
- Medication side effects
- More complicated infections and other conditions
Who can benefit from this treatment?
- People with cough due to the common cold or uncomplicated bronchitis
- People who seek symptom relief from a temporary illness causing cough
- People who may have mild wheezing or "bronchospasm" as a symptom of respiratory infections
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- A cough due to a common cold or uncomplicated bronchitis may slowly improve on its own. A prescription will help relieve symptoms as your body fights the infection
- Sometimes, while fighting a virus, a bacterial infection can develop, which may require antibiotics
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.