Coronavirus screen with symptoms
This assessment will determine your risk of being infected with the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. This screening tool is based on the latest CDC (Centers for Disease Control) guidance*, and will be updated daily with any changes in their recommendations. Our physicians are available throughout the day to provide up to date advice.
Persons not at risk of infection with the Novel Coronavirus may still have flu symptoms, cough, hoarse voice, or sinus pain that can be treated. At this time, it is far more likely to have these other infections. This Coronavirus screen may include additional treatment recommendations. ($29)
*For more information from the CDC, click here.
What is the Novel Coronavirus?
- Viral infection that is common in animals, but can infect people then spread to other people
- Spreads when an infected person coughs or sneezes, and the infected droplets get into the mouth or noses of other nearby people
- It is unknown if the virus can spread by touching a contaminated surface
- Coronavirus is spread to close contacts within 6 feet
What are the symptoms of a Coronavirus infection?
- Shortness of Breath
- May appear within as little as 2 days, or as many as 14 days after exposure
- Most people exposed to coronavirus will develop symptoms at around day 5
- These same symptoms can be present in a wide variety of respiratory illnesses, including influenza, bronchitis, colds, laryngitis, and sinus infections.
- Symptomatic treatment is recommended for each of these infections
What should I do if I am sick?
- If you are feeling very ill then seek a medical evaluation immediately!
- Call 911 or your doctor if you have severe symptoms like chest pain, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing
- Avoid contact with others
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing
- Wash your hands with soap and water immediately after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose
- Wear a face mask to avoid spreading the virus to others
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help identify if you are at risk for the Novel Coronavirus infection and need immediate testing
- This screening tool should only be used by those with symptoms of a respiratory infection
- You will be provided with the latest recommendations regarding screening and elective quarantine to help keep you, your family, and community safe
- You will be sent instructions based on your level of risk and be given any necessary treatment
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.