What causes athlete's foot?
- Walking barefoot in moist locations, such as in swimming areas, athletic facilities, or public shower stalls
- Spread from another part of the body or from another infected person
- Spread from shared towels
- Fungus infects the outer layer of skin
Features of athlete's foot:
- Itchy, red areas or white scale between the toes
- Thickened pale skin along the soles and sides of the feet
- Occasional cracks and shallow sores
- Appears where the foot came into direct contact with this fungus
What should I expect?
- Our online assessment will help identify good candidates for athlete's foot treatment
- A topical anti-fungal prescription should speed your recovery
- Most will see improvement within 1-2 weeks
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions will be sent to your pharmacy
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.