What can trigger asthma?
- Cigarette smoke
- Animal/pet dander
- Viral infections such as colds, flu, and bronchitis
Features of mild asthma:
- Minor cough or wheezing
- Symptoms develop due to your typical triggers
- Responds quickly to asthma medication such as albuterol
- These symptoms should only be evaluated by a provider in person:
- Moderate to severe trouble breathing
- Chest pain
- Bloody phlegm
What should I expect?
- If you have a diagnosis of asthma that responds to inhaled albuterol we can help get you the rescue inhaler and other asthma medications that you may need
- Asthmatics should have a non-expired rescue inhaler nearby at all times
- Your asthma symptoms should respond within minutes of a dose of inhaled albuterol
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for treatment
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.