Severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis require immediate treatment with epinephrine. If you suffer from severe allergies, it is imperative to have an EpiPen or other epinephrine auto-injector nearby at all times. If you have expired medication or need a replacement, our doctors can assist you.
Please note: This service is ONLY for patients with a pre-existing prescription for an EpiPen, Adrenaclick, Auvi-Q or other epinephrine auto-injector.
IF YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING SYMPTOMS OF AN ALLERGIC REACTION OR ANAPHYLAXIS NOW, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
What is anaphylaxis?
- Severe allergic reaction that can cause:
- Hives or skin turning red, itchy
- Lips, tongue, throat, mouth swelling
- Difficulty breathing, wheezing, low blood oxygen
- Low blood pressure, lightheadedness, fainting
- Abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting
- Occurs within minutes to hours after exposure to the allergen
- Can be fatal if airways become blocked by swelling and you can't breathe, or if blood pressure drops too low
- Epinephrine is a drug used in the emergency treatment of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis)
- Can be lifesaving if given immediately; it should be the first treatment given
- If you have had anaphylaxis in the past, epinephrine should be with you at all times
- Epinephrine does expire, so it is important to check the expiration date on all of your auto-injectors and replace any expired medication
What can I expect?
- Our online assessment will help determine if you are a good candidate for a refill of your EpiPen or other epinephrine auto-injector
- Refills will be given only to patients with a pre-existing prescription
- You will be asked to provide a picture of your current epinephrine auto-injector
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.