What causes acne?
- Glands within the skin become inflamed and clogged with debris or secretions
- Infected glands lead to inflamed, red and swollen blemishes
Features of acne:
- May appear as blackheads, white heads, red bumps or all three
- Develops slowly
- May occur on dry or oily skin
- Some medicines may trigger acne
- May not respond to over-the counter remedies
What should I expect?
- Acne that has failed over-the-counter therapy may improve with prescription medication
- Our online assessment will help identify good candidates for treatment
- A combination of antibiotic and rejuvenating lotions may be used
- Expect improvement in your acne over the next 2-3 months
- Facial hygiene will improve results
- Ongoing treatment may reduce recurrence
- Just answer a few questions to get started with your online visit
What happens next?
- Create an MDAnywhere account. Required on your first visit only and can be completed at any time, even in advance
- Complete your online visit by answering a few medical interview questions and providing your medical history
- Once these two steps are complete, a physician will review your entire visit and treatment request
- Your treatment plan will be shared with you minutes after the physician reviews your request
- You will be notified if there is any additional information needed
- Any necessary prescriptions or vaccine orders will be sent to your pharmacy
- A copy of any lab or vaccine orders can be sent directly to you for added convenience
- If, at any point, online treatment is not recommended, you will not be charged
- Rest assured, your private information will be protected, stored securely, and kept confidential
The information displayed on this page is for informational purposes only and is not medical opinion or advice.